You must initialize your voice mail account before you can use voice mail features. If necessary, contact your voice mail administrator for the voice mail extension number and passcode but by default its 2501 and your passocde is the same as your extension number
To set up your voice mail account
1. Dial the voice mail extension number (usually 2501) or press your vmail button on your handset. You hear the Main menu.
2. Enter the default passcode (usually your mailbox number).
3. Do one of the following:
• If you want to use a passcode, enter a new passcode using digits 0 to 9 (up to 12 digits),
and then press #. The messaging system plays back your passcode.
• If you do not want to use a passcode, press #.
4. Press # to accept the entry, or press 3 to erase and re-enter your passcode. After accepting
the new passcode, the system prompts you to record your directory name.
5. After the tone, record your first and last names for the directory. When prompted, select
one of the following options:
• Press # to accept the name.
• Press 1 to replay the recorded name.
• Press 2 to add to your name.
• Press 3 to erase and rerecord your name.
After recording your name, the system plays a message that introduces you to voice mail features. To skip the introduction, press #.
Recording Your Directory Name
Your directory name is used to identify you in the voice mail directory and to verify your mailbox number when messages are addressed to you. You can change your directory name at any time.
To record your directory name:
1. Access your mailbox as described above
2. Press 4 to select the Personal Options Menu.
3. Press 2. Your recorded name is played.
4. Do one of the following:
• Press # to accept your recorded name.
• Press 1 to replay your recorded name.
• Press 2 to add to your name
Recording Personal Greetings
You may want to include the following information when recording your personal greeting:
• Whether you are in the office and where you can be reached.
• When you will be returning calls.
• How to exit voice mail (for callers who do not want to leave a message). For example,
“Press 0 to return to the operator.”
The following are sample greetings to help you plan your message:
• Hello, this is __________. I am either on another line or away from my desk and cannot take your call at this time. If you need to speak to someone immediately, please dial zero now. Otherwise, leave a detailed message, and I will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you.
• Hello, this is __________. I will be away from the office from day/date until day/date. If you need to speak to someone immediately, please dial zero now. Otherwise, leave a detailed message, and I will return your call when I return. Thank you.
If you do not record a personal greeting, the default system greeting is used. Following is a sample default system greeting.
__________ is not available. After the tone please record your message. When finished leaving your message, hang up, or press # for more options.
To record or change your personal greeting:
1. Access your mailbox as described further up this page.
2. Press 4 to select the Personal Options menu.
3. Press 1 to record or change your personal greeting.
4. Do one of the following:
• Press 1 to record or enable your primary greeting.
• Press 2 to record or enable your alternate greeting.
• Press 3 to enable the system default mailbox greeting.
5. Do one of the following:
• If you selected the system greeting option, hang up.
• If you already have a primary or alternate greeting, it is played when you select primary
6. Do one of the following:
• Press # to accept the greeting.
• Press 1 to replay the greeting.
• Press 2 to add to the greeting.
• Press 3 to erase and rerecord the greeting.
• Press * to exit without changing your greeting